I was looking through the ideas community and surprised at the following search results over the last 24 months:
- Facebook: 3 ideas, 26 votes (actually 28 votes, but one idea had -2 votes)
- YouTube: 1 idea, 15 votes
- Twitter: 0 ideas
- Pinterest: 0 ideas
- LinkedIn: 0 ideas
- Jive: 1 idea, 0 votes (ok, really strange they didn’t vote for their own idea)
- Yammer: 0 ideas
Are you absolutely shocked given how important social media is? I was.
Nonetheless, I believe Tableau will make announcements at the Tableau Conference #data14 and we will have better tools to work with social media. Here are my speculations of what we might see:
- Data connectors, at minimum for Facebook and Twitter. Access to even limited data would be welcome as a start.
- Network diagram to identify influencers and understand relationships within and across platforms. I want to tie data from Twitter to Facebook (via blending or new approach?). The bubble map visualization seems a good foundation to deliver this visual type.
- Tableau Server integration with Apple iMessage (see my recent article about Apple-Tableau) so companies can share and discuss analyses more collaboratively than email subscriptions or grabbing a link to email via the Share feature.
What do you want to see? Leave a comment …